Mrs.Nesbit's Diner - Message Board / Forum

At CC

You are not logged in.

Announcement

WebSite Links: CC HomePage  MrsNesbits Homepage  Guinea Pigs Home Crochet Home  The CC Store

Pic Of The week

Happy Christmas & Merry New Year
Categories and forums are based on the topics generated by our Members.

• Index
  •  » Cooking
  •  » Hey Grampa!!!! What's For Supper???!!!

#361 06-05-2008 06:21:52

BrahmaMama
Silver Member

Re: Hey Grampa!!!! What's For Supper???!!!

I tried a recipe in the "main dishes" category-Rachy's chicken potatoes and peas...or something like that.  It was Excellent!  Yum yum smile

Had some fresh baked bread-still warm (I cheated though; it was frozen dough) and made some rice pudding for dessert...again, cheated and bought a box and mixed it on the stove with milk halfsmile  haha

#362 06-26-2008 05:08:47

Henny Penny
Silver Member

We are getting an exchange student from Montenegro in August, so I was looking for recipes from his homeland!
So I made something called "Cevapcici"  It is a recipe out of the former "Yugoslavia"  a mixture of ground beef, pork and lambis well seasoned, shaped into cylinders on skewers and grilled, I served it with fried onions and peppers and a yogurt cucumber sauce...all stuffed in pita bread!  It is yummy!

"Eat dessert first, (preferably chocolate) after all life is uncertain !

In another life I am known as "Cheryl"

#363 07-28-2008 11:38:24

2dream
Silver Member

Ya'll sure have been busy cooking and eating while I was away. 

Every meal at my house has been quick and easy from Tomato sandwiches to boxed mac & cheese with sliced tomatos. 

All my time has been spent picking something, shelling something, peeling, canning or freezing something. 

Does anyone here have any info on frying squash or pumpkin blossoms?  At what point in development do you pick them?  Do you batter them?  Any info at all would be nice.  I have a million male pumpkin blossoms.

I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. (Jimmy Stewart as Elwood Dowd in Harvey)

• Index
  •  » Cooking
  •  » Hey Grampa!!!! What's For Supper???!!!

Board footer

Return to Crossing Show Recent

Return to Nesbits Diner Show Recent