Mrs.Nesbit's Diner - Message Board / Forum

At CC

You are not logged in.

Announcement

WebSite Links: CC HomePage  MrsNesbits Homepage  Guinea Pigs Home Crochet Home  The CC Store

Pic Of The week

Happy Christmas & Merry New Year
Categories and forums are based on the topics generated by our Members.

#1 04-06-2008 08:50:23

dilbert
He rules the roost, I rule the rooster
Website

Cornstarch crepes

Great with both sweet and savory fillings.  We have eaten these with seafood and alfredo sauce.  We have also enjoyed them with fresh fruit and lemon curd.  They would be equally good with fruit and whipped cream.

2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cornstarch

In a blender, combine eggs, milk, corn oil, salt and cornstarch; blend 30 seconds or until smooth. Spray small nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat well over med-high heat. Pour about 2 T batter into center of skillet, rotating quickly to evenly coat pan. Cook about 30 seconds until the edges begin to brown and pull away from pan. Carefully turn crepe; cook 30 seconds longer. Slide out of skillet onto holding dish. Repeat with remaining batter. Makes 12 six-inch crepes.

-Colleen
Don't let my user name fool you - I'm a girl dilbert.  smile

#2 04-07-2008 03:45:22

2dream
Silver Member

Re: Cornstarch crepes

I have never made crepes before and don't know much about them but this sounds really easy.  Question.   Do you have to use these immediately or
will they keep?

I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. (Jimmy Stewart as Elwood Dowd in Harvey)

#3 04-07-2008 07:04:17

dilbert
Website

They keep well. You will need to put a piece of waxed paper in between each one to keep them from sticking together, though.  I haven't tried freezing them, but have kept them in the refrigerator for several days.

-Colleen

#4 04-10-2008 01:08:46

Henny Penny
Silver Member

Dilbert, are you by chance wheat intolerant?  I've noticed you have a few wheat free recipes...I just made my bosses daughter (celiac) chocolate chip cookies (Alton Brown's recipe) unfortunately she ended up getting sick!  Though it wasn't necessarily my cookies, I still feel pretty crummy.  I also made them for a someone with gluten intolerence...and he was just fine!  But I do plan on trying some of your recipes and/or passing them along.

"Eat dessert first, (preferably chocolate) after all life is uncertain !

In another life I am known as "Cheryl"

#5 04-10-2008 03:53:00

dilbert
Website

Yes, my son and I have celiac disease.  Our whole house is gluten free.  If any of your celiac/gluten intolerant friends are looking for an internet support group, this is my favorite: http://forums.glutenfree.com/  I have tons of recipes posted over there.  I've just been bringing a few over here that I thought everyone could enjoy, not just the people that are avoiding gluten.

Hope you enjoy the recipe!  smile

-Colleen

#6 04-10-2008 07:19:53

2dream
Silver Member

dilbert wrote:

Yes, my son and I have celiac disease.  Our whole house is gluten free.  If any of your celiac/gluten intolerant friends are looking for an internet support group, this is my favorite: http://forums.glutenfree.com/  I have tons of recipes posted over there.  I've just been bringing a few over here that I thought everyone could enjoy, not just the people that are avoiding gluten.

Hope you enjoy the recipe!  smile

Thanks, I am emailing that link to my best friend who has a problem with gluten.

I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. (Jimmy Stewart as Elwood Dowd in Harvey)

Board footer

Return to Crossing Show Recent

Return to Nesbits Diner Show Recent