Mrs.Nesbit's Diner - Message Board / Forum

At CC

You are not logged in.

Announcement

WebSite Links: CC HomePage  MrsNesbits Homepage  Guinea Pigs Home Crochet Home  The CC Store

Pic Of The week

Happy Christmas & Merry New Year
Categories and forums are based on the topics generated by our Members.

• Index
  •  » Cooking
  •  » Organizing the Recipe forum (Please Read.)

#1 04-23-2008 06:37:32

Princess Fluffy Britches
I wear neat socks!

Organizing the Recipe forum (Please Read.)

As of tomorrow, I will be starting to organize this portion of the board, so the recipes are more easily found. This had been discussed in the past. For those of you new to the board, a lot of recipes get posted, and they can be lost within days. We had discussed having specific sticked aposts so we may be able to keep recipes organized, much like in a cookbook format.

As these new aposts are created, they will be stickied for easy access while we reorganize. We would like the current recipes, that have already been posted, to be part of the new sticked aposts. If you do move it to the new thread, you have the option of deleting the original thread so that we can try and unclutter the forum, and keep it cleaned up so to speak. We are trying to make it easier for people to find recipes when they would like to try something new.

One thing that has been discussed is a type of Q & A type thread for each recipe discussed or any alterations or suggestions as well. For instance, if I posted a recipe for a soup, and someone tried adding something that was their preference, they could add it there, so people can see that there is other suggestions.

We are also planning on having a recipe request thread as well. I am still trying to figure out how that might work. We are doing this in hopes that this part of the forum will be easily navigated, and easier to use when it is all cleaned up.

If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to send me a message.

A deputy and a hooker all rolled into one... what more could a man ask for?

Mom to seven kids..... 3 girls and 4 boys.

#2 04-23-2008 07:33:44

RepoBob
Gold Member

Re: Organizing the Recipe forum (Please Read.)

Sounds great. I especially like the Q&A idea. I just learned how to fry an egg a few months ago, so I'll have a lot of questions big_smile

:cleg :cleg Anyone that is interested in swapping some eggs check out the Wild Egg Chain. :cleg :cleg
Its in the Chicken Buy Sell and Trade Forum

#3 04-23-2008 07:55:36

PurpleChicken
Gold Member

RepoBob wrote:

Sounds great. I especially like the Q&A idea. I just learned how to fry an egg a few months ago, so I'll have a lot of questions big_smile

Fryin an egg "the right way" is still a skill that eludes me.

Good luck with your projest PFB

May A Chicken Smile Upon You

#4 04-24-2008 04:30:25

Henny Penny
Silver Member

PC go to Home Goods and get one of the really nice small nonstick saute pans, they cost about $12.00, you can actually flip eggs easily (no spatula) and fresh ones don't break!

"Eat dessert first, (preferably chocolate) after all life is uncertain !

In another life I am known as "Cheryl"

#5 04-24-2008 10:15:20

Princess Fluffy Britches
I wear neat socks!

As I am getting permission from people, I am moving their recipes and deleting their threads. Please let me know, if you have recipes on here if I can do the same. Thanks!!!!!

A deputy and a hooker all rolled into one... what more could a man ask for?

Mom to seven kids..... 3 girls and 4 boys.

• Index
  •  » Cooking
  •  » Organizing the Recipe forum (Please Read.)

Board footer

Return to Crossing Show Recent

Return to Nesbits Diner Show Recent