Mrs.Nesbit's Diner - Message Board / Forum

At CC

You are not logged in.

Announcement

WebSite Links: CC HomePage  MrsNesbits Homepage  Guinea Pigs Home Crochet Home  The CC Store

Pic Of The week

Happy Christmas & Merry New Year
Categories and forums are based on the topics generated by our Members.

#71 04-10-2008 04:55:02

RepoBob
Gold Member

Re: First Topic in this Forum. I'm honored.

Thanks for letting this work itself out Barg.

I would also like to make it very clear that I hold no grudges toward anyone on this board, and hope no one holds any toward me. We are all part of the best chicken board on the net and that's whats important.

love
Bob

:cleg :cleg Anyone that is interested in swapping some eggs check out the Wild Egg Chain. :cleg :cleg
Its in the Chicken Buy Sell and Trade Forum

#72 04-11-2008 11:25:43

Rachy
Gold Member

Too many replies to read in one sitting, but I have to say Repo---

That was very well said and I totally agree with you 110%. It bothers me as well to hear someone say "Have a blessed day" I just walk away, because if I said what I really wanted to as a reply. It wouldn't be what they'd want to hear...though they'd insist that I seek out this god or whoever afterwards to help 'better myself.'

I feel that as far as spiritually I am fullfilled. I do not feel it's nessicary to push/force any of the issues on my family or friends.

I live in the Bible Belt, USA so. Everything is have a blessed day, 'oh bless you' when someone sneezes or "happy sunday" ???WHAT???? Did you just saythat? yeah. happy sunday, is right. that means no one opens their businesses because it's 'a day of rest' i hate shopping in those places because i know that's why they are closed on sundays. the blue laws too suck. no buying alcohol or liquor on sundays 'Because it's sunday"

WTF is up with that!? I feel like they are taking over....

Yeah, Go ahead. I'm sure I'll be getting PMs about this one... roll

Last edited by Rachy (04-11-2008 11:27:24)

Etsy Store is NOW OPEN!
http://www.SweetNSimpleDesigns.etsy.com

#73 04-11-2008 03:37:04

RepoBob
Gold Member

Thanks Rachy big_smile
I spent a little time in the good ol' Bible Belt and all I can say is it makes Illinois look like paradise.

I feel that as far as spiritually I am fullfilled. I do not feel it's nessicary to push/force any of the issues on my family or friends.

That's exactly the way I feel about spirituality, its a personal thing.

greet
Bob

:cleg :cleg Anyone that is interested in swapping some eggs check out the Wild Egg Chain. :cleg :cleg

#74 04-11-2008 03:49:39

Rachy
Gold Member

There are 2 things that we NEVER EVER talk about with family and friends.

1.) Religion
2.) Politics

Neither ends well... hide

Etsy Store is NOW OPEN!
http://www.SweetNSimpleDesigns.etsy.com

#75 04-11-2008 05:29:53

broom_hilda
Banned

We live on the buckle of the Bible Belt and for 2 "out of the broom-closet" Pagans, it can be tough.

We have minivan loads from various churches visit us on a fairly regular basis to "save our souls."  Doesn't matter that we request them not to come or that we have "Private Property" and "No Trespassing" signs.  I guess since they are coming to show us the error of our ways in worshiping "false idols" they feel they are exempt.

Funny thing is....we live waaaaaaaaaaaaay out in the country and we are quite off the beaten path, so we believe that they have put the word out that we are in the area and take turns "visiting." 

Just wait til we put Monkey's 20 ft pentacle up in the field.....let the games begin !!!

#76 04-11-2008 06:34:42

2dream
Silver Member

broom_hilda wrote:

We live on the buckle of the Bible Belt and for 2 "out of the broom-closet" Pagans, it can be tough.

We have minivan loads from various churches visit us on a fairly regular basis to "save our souls."  Doesn't matter that we request them not to come or that we have "Private Property" and "No Trespassing" signs.  I guess since they are coming to show us the error of our ways in worshiping "false idols" they feel they are exempt.

Funny thing is....we live waaaaaaaaaaaaay out in the country and we are quite off the beaten path, so we believe that they have put the word out that we are in the area and take turns "visiting." 

Just wait til we put Monkey's 20 ft pentacle up in the field.....let the games begin !!!

Broom Hilda, Your post brought back one of my favorite funny memories.  Years ago I too was bombarded with unexpected visitors - usually by the car load.  On one such occasion they caught me in the middle of killing meat chickens.  I was in the back yard.  When I heard the car come into the driveway I walked thru the house and arrived at the front door about the time they knocked.  Naturally my hands were covered with blood.  I also just happend to be wearing black pants, a black tee shirt with a black poncho. (attire was accidental except for the poncho) When they saw me you could tell they were slightly taken aback.  I used that to my advantage of course.  When they started talking and ask if they could come in I just looked at them with my crazy woman look and told them I was extremely busy with my weekly sacrafices.  Invited them to join me and told them we could talk afterwards.  I have never in my entire life seen so many people leave so quickly not to mention how funny it was watching them trip over each other trying to pile into that car. 
Yes I know it was tacky and yes I know that I really should not have done that because ...... well.... just because.  But since I really did not care what they thought of me anyway I just could not help myself.  However, it worked.  All visit associated with that church stopped.  Apparently word spread, my mothers preacher came to see me and ask me what happened - when I told him he almost fell over himself laughing.  He was a very nice man with a wonderful sense of humor and totally accepted me for who I was and what I believed.   Of course he did tell me I was a "bad girl".  I gave him a couple frozen chickens and he went home laughing to tell his wife a funny story.

I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. (Jimmy Stewart as Elwood Dowd in Harvey)

#77 04-11-2008 10:55:01

RepoBob
Gold Member

rotflol

#78 04-12-2008 12:02:30

AKA Steve
Web Master

Rachy wrote:

There are 2 things that we NEVER EVER talk about with family and friends.

1.) Religion
2.) Politics

Neither ends well... hide

The two things I always talk about with family and friends.
I am a Liberal and many of my best discussions were with my conservative friends...
I have said this before, I know, but I miss those days ... maybe I should be a politician haha

Nesbits Avatar: Arnold Rimmer - the Hologram, and his friend Mr. Flibble
www.mrsnesbitsdiner.com/forum   Nesbits Forum

#79 04-12-2008 04:54:54

paganfish
The Ancient Chicken Sage

AKA Barg wrote:

... maybe I should be a politician haha

yay VOTE for BARG! yay

Last edited by paganfish (04-12-2008 04:55:16)

"I put a capital N on nature and call it my church."
-Frank Lloyd Wright
smile

Board footer

Return to Crossing Show Recent

Return to Nesbits Diner Show Recent