Mrs.Nesbit's Diner - Message Board / Forum

At CC

You are not logged in.

Announcement

WebSite Links: CC HomePage  MrsNesbits Homepage  Guinea Pigs Home Crochet Home  The CC Store

Pic Of The week

Happy Christmas & Merry New Year
Categories and forums are based on the topics generated by our Members.

#1 10-01-2008 06:04:13

2dream
Silver Member

Bread

This is the easiest sweet bread I have ever tried.

Ice Cream Bread - 2 cups Ice Cream, 1 1/4th cup self rising flour.  Soften Ice Cream (I let mine melt almost completely),  mix in the 1 1/4 cup self rising flour until moistened.  Do not mix with a mixer and do not beat.  Just mix until moistened good.  Grease and flour cake or muffin pans.  Bake until slightly brown.  This bread does not rise much so you will only have a small loaf.  Serve buttered and hot, top with your favorite jam or jelly or anything else you might like.
I have used this with vanilla ice cream and I love the Butter Pecan Ice Cream Bread with Apple Butter Spread. 
I have not tried to double this recipe yet for a larger loaf but I plan on trying it.
Just think how many flavors of ice cream are out there.  The possibilities are endless.

I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. (Jimmy Stewart as Elwood Dowd in Harvey)

#2 10-01-2008 06:11:38

2dream
Silver Member

Re: Bread

WHITE BREAD
INGREDIENTS
•2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
•1/4 cup white sugar
•1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
•1 1/2 teaspoons salt
•1/4 cup vegetable oil
•6 cups bread flour
DIRECTIONS
1.In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water, and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam.
2.Mix salt and oil into the yeast. Mix in flour one cup at a time. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
3.Punch dough down. Knead for a few minutes, and divide in half. Shape into loaves, and place into two well oiled 9x5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans.
4.Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.

(For a sweeter bread like Hawaiian Sweet Bread increase sugar to sugar to 2/3 cup)

This bread taste absolutely wonderful.  I made two loaves on Sunday and by Wednesday they were both gone.  My family used it for sandwiches and wanted it with every meal.
I found this recipe on a recipe site somewhere but can't remember where or I would give them credit for this wonderful white bread recipe.

I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. (Jimmy Stewart as Elwood Dowd in Harvey)

Board footer

Return to Crossing Show Recent

Return to Nesbits Diner Show Recent