Mrs.Nesbit's Diner - Message Board / Forum

At CC

You are not logged in.

Announcement

WebSite Links: CC HomePage  MrsNesbits Homepage  Guinea Pigs Home Crochet Home  The CC Store

Pic Of The week

Happy Christmas & Merry New Year
Categories and forums are based on the topics generated by our Members.

#1 10-01-2008 06:07:18

BantyChickMom
The Hooker Coordinator

My Cats

Taz, He's about 18 months old

Socks and Milo

Jinx

Socks is the black kitten and is about 3 1/2 months old and Milo and Jinx are about 2 1/2 months old.
Taz does not like the little ones so we keep him separated from them and let him go outside to play with the neighbors cats.

I think the lady we got Milo and Jinx from weaned them too early, but they have come into their own now.  smile

It's better to have loved and lost than live with the psycho the rest of your life
                                            Tammy
                               www.mrsnesbitsdiner.com

#2 10-02-2008 12:18:10

Queen of the Lilliputians
Gone fishing
Website

Re: My Cats

CUTE!!  I love kitties!

Poor Taz- I've found my cats are either extremely tolerant.. or not tolerant AT ALL. Weird how it works.

I love all of them, but the way the black/white plays on Socks' face is BEAUTIFUL!

Meghan

Former ruler-wielding nun at a catholic school

#3 10-02-2008 06:39:11

BantyChickMom
The Hooker Coordinator

Socks belongs to oldest dd and she loves his nose.........1/2 black, 1/2 pink     LOL

She started this cat madness when she got socks, then ds and youngest dd threw a fit because they didn't have their own cat..........................later that day milo and jinx moved in.   LMAO

It's better to have loved and lost than live with the psycho the rest of your life
                                            Tammy
                               www.mrsnesbitsdiner.com

#4 10-02-2008 07:38:17

Queen of the Lilliputians
Gone fishing
Website

I remember you posting about that.  Those kittens look sooooo much better now.  Healthy and happy smile

My kids want their own pets too.  dd wants either a horse (which would have to live at her Da's) or fish lol.  Ds wants a parrot (because his beloved li'l Oh the Guinea pig died last spring.. and he wants a pet that will live a long time.  It's so sad really.  That GP has been gone for 6months and he still misses her awful).  Unfortunately, my children are not always gentle with the pets we have, so I'm holding off.  They've transferred their affection for now to MuShu, the very cuddly (if strangely gremlin like) kitten.

Meghan

Former ruler-wielding nun at a catholic school

#5 10-02-2008 08:14:06

BantyChickMom
The Hooker Coordinator

That is so sad about the GP!  But I agree, kids do need a pet that is hardy and can withstand the tortures of a kid.
I know from my own kids, they don't mean to be rough with animals, they just don't realize how heavy handed they can be.
When we decided to get milo and jinx, I made it very clear to the kids, mainly ds,  that it would be his responsibility to keep their litter box clean at all times.........oldest dd is pregnant so changing the litter is out of the question for her, and youngest dd (7 yrs old in Nov.) is still too little to do it right, but the girls do play with the kittens and make sure they are fed, sometimes a little too well  LOL.

I think kids need some kind of pet of their own to care for, it teaches them responsibility and makes them a better person, JMHO.

I think the lady we got milo and jinx from tried to wean them a little too early.  When they would eat, they would make sucking noises and root around in the bowl getting the food all over them, they basically had to be washed down after eating, LOL.  But things turned out well, they're much better now, I just hope the others she had went to homes where a little extra care was given to them.

In the meantime, or at least until someone else posts pics of thier cats, here's some more pics of the 3 little terrors..

Tammy
                               www.mrsnesbitsdiner.com

#6 10-24-2008 11:39:53

wynne
Gold Member

cuteness! I love kitties!dancingdog

Board footer

Return to Crossing Show Recent

Return to Nesbits Diner Show Recent