Mrs.Nesbit's Diner - Message Board / Forum

At CC

You are not logged in.

Announcement

WebSite Links: CC HomePage  MrsNesbits Homepage  Guinea Pigs Home Crochet Home  The CC Store

Pic Of The week

Happy Christmas & Merry New Year
Categories and forums are based on the topics generated by our Members.

#1 10-02-2008 07:37:05

Seminolewind
Platinum Member

Read my Lipstick

I have one thing to say............Sarah Palin-go baby go-drill baby drill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  Don't forget the debate is tonight, FOX news 9pm EST

I was going to be good, but I got bored
  http://www.myspace.com/kseminolewind

#2 10-02-2008 07:45:49

Queen of the Lilliputians
Gone fishing
Website

Re: Read my Lipstick

Ok Sem lol.  I'm going to assume you are serious here.

Honestly- here's the thing.  They keep talking about ending our dependence on foreign oil.  I'll have to go do some serious research, but I had thought only like 4% of our oil came from the countries we are so worried about.  Hardly enough to warrant the kind of horror that is being suggested to beautiful Alaska.

Besides which- any dependence on a fossil fuel needs will eventually end, just by the very fact that it's a resource that will not be replacing itself.  There needs to be much more promotion of renewable energy resources.  Starting a 'give-away solar panels' program would go much further, imho, and compared to what our country spends on wars/coat hangers/toilet seats/etc etc etc we could easily pay for a program like that one.

As for anything else she has to say, I have no comment.  I do not support McCain due to his other platforms (it's too bad.  He used to be a democrat and I LIKED him then), therefore nothing she has to say really matters to me.  (nothing against her)

Meghan

Former ruler-wielding nun at a catholic school

#3 10-02-2008 03:58:53

Seminolewind
Platinum Member

I don't care who they are, I like ones where their ACTIONS follow their words.  Palin seems to do that.  She seems like a barracuda housecleaner to me.  I just want all that unnecessary spending stopped.  I don't know alot about the overall picture of what's right for the US.  I just want a DO person.

As far as oil goes, for me there are two things that need to addressed.  We need to end our dependence on all foreign oil, esp making the people that hate us richer and richer.  We also need to develop other energy sources as a priority and make alternatives affordable.  And I hate to say this but we need a bunch of nuclear plants. 
   I don't buy this 4% of foreign oil coming from controversial countries.  If it were true, why does Saudi send us into panic mode?  Over 4 %?  I think that it looks like 4%, but we are buying a whole lot more oil that originates from Saudi, just sold to us thru other countries.

Last edited by Seminolewind (10-02-2008 04:01:34)

#4 10-02-2008 11:22:23

AKA Steve
Web Master
Website

Can't help myself.
I can't say that I am going to make an earth shattering argument about Mrs.Palin, But I will express my point of view in the best way I can.

https://chickencrossing.org/DUMBER3.jpg
Just a little Humor lol Don'cha Know; And Besides, she gave a great answer on the Nukeyouler issue. Great minds....

Nesbits Avatar: Arnold Rimmer - the Hologram, and his friend Mr. Flibble
www.mrsnesbitsdiner.com/forum   Nesbits Forum

#5 10-03-2008 09:03:31

dilbert
He rules the roost, I rule the rooster
Website

No wonder none of the housework is getting done, Steve.  You spend all your time on photoshop! :p

I watched the debate.  Gov. Palin did a good job, but Biden was soooo much better.  He had a better grasp on the issues, he has more experience.  I feel much more confident in his ability to lead the country than I do in Palin.  I'm sure she is a nice person, but I do not want her as the VP.

-Colleen
Don't let my user name fool you - I'm a girl dilbert.  smile

#6 10-03-2008 10:05:30

BantyChickMom
The Hooker Coordinator

I have to agree with you Colleen.   
Also, Both Obama and Biden are much better public speakers than McCain and Palin, and to me, that portrays more confidence and makes them more believable.

But the first one that steps up with a guaranteed plan to regulate gas prices will be the one sitting in the Oval Office for the next 4 years!

It's better to have loved and lost than live with the psycho the rest of your life
                                            Tammy
                               www.mrsnesbitsdiner.com

#7 10-03-2008 05:37:08

Seminolewind
Platinum Member

Well, with his 26 (?) years of senate experience, Biden does have alot of experience and knowledge, but that doesn't mean he's a doer. 
There were a few times in there when Biden was reciting facts and figures to the point that I had no idea what he was talking about.
Palin is so enthusiastic-I think that's what we need. 

Above all, I want to vote for the person who has DONE the most while in government.  Not said the most, voted whatever, or promise stuff.   What have you DONE for your country/state

#8 10-03-2008 05:47:11

Seminolewind
Platinum Member

BantyChickMom wrote:

I have to agree with you Colleen.   
Also, Both Obama and Biden are much better public speakers than McCain and Palin, and to me, that portrays more confidence and makes them more believable.

But the first one that steps up with a guaranteed plan to regulate gas prices will be the one sitting in the Oval Office for the next 4 years!

Well Tammy, when we produce more, and those countries that hate us start drowning in their oil, the price would come down quickly.  It's funny, the more desperate we are, the more those countries make us pay.  It's not like it slowed down coming out of the ground.  I'm tired of being taken advantage of, and it was stated on the news last night that we could have alot of oil flowing from Alaska starting in a YEAR, not 10. Then we would be on our first step, and hopefully simultaneously developing other sources.

#9 10-04-2008 01:40:38

AKA Steve
Web Master
Website

For a long time, I couldn't figure out why so many people voted republican, and more people did not vote democrat.
I finally figured out that it is because republicans give speeches that tell people "we are going to screw you and then ignore you" in words that people don't understand, and then add the words "which will in turn, help America"

Meanwhile, Democrats are saying to people "I am going to help you, and make things better for you"; but say it in words that people don't understand.

Example: "We are going to cut taxes for small businesses, which will in turn will create jobs that help America"
Translation: we are going to cut taxes for large cooperation, who will outsource your job and give it to someone in china; thereby making them more money, creating greater profits for stockholders, and ensuring that the people who matter; the rich people, are happy and will contribute to our party in campaign  season.

How many of you have a job?
Do you think "tax cuts for businesses" is going to have an effect on your paycheck?
Do you think a kickback from the government of $600 a year is going to make you rich?
Is it going to stop inflation?

Pay attention to those words that come before "help America" and listen to the words that surround the words "Tax Cuts"

I know that some people don't hear their words, the ones that surround their message of hope, freedom and patriotism, but listen closely, those are the very things that republicans tell you that they are about to remove; along with your share of the pie. (unless of coarse, you are a large cooperation)

#10 10-04-2008 02:06:06

AKA Steve
Web Master
Website

One more thing, in keeping with the title of this thread;
The other night I watched the Vice Presidential debate between George Bush SR. and Geraldine Ferraro on C-spans historical replay; yes I'm weird, I know.

A couple of thing I wanted to point out about that debate; Geraldine Ferraro wiped the floor with Mr.bush; she was intelligent, had all the answers, was calm, cool, and generated applause from the audience every time she spoke.

The other thing that really caught my attention was when GB SR. started talking about the regan plan to pass a law allowing employers to pay "Blacks" less then minimum wage.
The justification was that it would encourage employers to hire more "blacks".

Now fast forward a few years, the plan was obviously never adopted, and seen not only for it's discrimination, but its attempt to lower the national minimum wage.
Having failed to find a group of people within the United states that could be exploited, can't you just hear the Republicans saying "Screw em, open the boarders"

I am not saying anything against immigrants, what I am saying is that, the exploitation of any group of people, with the intent to lower base rate of pay, has been an objective by the elite, for a long time; and I think we know which party represents the elite in this country.

Just in case you missed it,
Republicans speak to the middle class, but represent the elite.
Democrats represent the middle class, but speak to the intellectuals.

Just my opinion.

Board footer

Return to Crossing Show Recent

Return to Nesbits Diner Show Recent