Mrs.Nesbit's Diner - Message Board / Forum

At CC

You are not logged in.

Announcement

WebSite Links: CC HomePage  MrsNesbits Homepage  Guinea Pigs Home Crochet Home  The CC Store

Pic Of The week

Happy Christmas & Merry New Year
Categories and forums are based on the topics generated by our Members.

#101 10-28-2008 08:45:31

paganfish
The Ancient Chicken Sage

Re: Read my Lipstick

wynne wrote:

All I can say is I hope those book guys are right because I'm really tired of voting for the guy who DOESN'T win.

rotflol You too? rotflol

Good read Steve...and an interesting angle.

All I can add is what someone once said to me, "unless we learn from our mistakes...we are bound to repeat them!"

Oh and...

The definition of insanity is "trying the same thing over and over again...and expecting a different result each time."

History does tend to repeat itself doesn't it?

roll

"I put a capital N on nature and call it my church."
-Frank Lloyd Wright
smile

#102 10-28-2008 09:38:00

Queen of the Lilliputians
Gone fishing
Website

Hmm.. that generation must be different in other parts of the country than they are here.  I see a whole group of kids who are addicted to playstations and games, and can't get out of their own way.  They don't care about politics, or anything else beyond their own walls.  They have an entitlement philosophy about life ("I didn't do anything to earn it, but I still deserve it")

Same generation, but on the other end of the spectrum, are the kids who work hard, and bust their bums.  They go to work to support their families.  But they are poor, poor and struggle.  They have nothing in their lives that resembles stability and many have been forced to move back in with their parents, kids and husbands in tow, because minimum wage won't pay the rent.  They are good kids, but live in survival mode.  They don't think about the bigger picture because they are just caught up in trying to get through the next day. 

OTOH, my 7yo neice has very strong political views she'd be happy to tell you about rotfl

Meghan

Former ruler-wielding nun at a catholic school

#103 10-28-2008 09:52:20

wynne
Gold Member

Interesting stuff about the millennials...I have heard a coupla things about this generation - one being what Steve has outlined, and the other what Meghan has stated.

Not that I believe everything Wiki says, but here's the link there about this group aka Generation Y.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Y     This link tends to agree more with Meghan's point of view.

I can only speak from experience.  Most of the millennials I know of (and I know I'm in a total bubble because I live in a very liberal small college town) are more like the kids Steve said the book guys talk about "according to these writers, the new generation will value the group dynamic higher then the self."

*I realise that this has added absolutely nada to the debate!*

#104 10-28-2008 09:55:12

wynne
Gold Member

oh and one last thing - stop trashing the boomers! big_smile  (I'm on the extreme tail-end of that generation!, though I feel much more like Generation Xer

#105 10-28-2008 10:32:14

Queen of the Lilliputians
Gone fishing
Website

Wynne- yeah, kids from this state who go away to college.. usually don't come back.  The economy is poor, and the high-paying jobs just aren't here.  The kids I'm referring to, consequently, are all kids who either didn't get the chance to go to college, or go to community college. 

And btw- I'd never bash the Boomers!  Great group of folks smile

Meghan

Former ruler-wielding nun at a catholic school

Board footer

Return to Crossing Show Recent

Return to Nesbits Diner Show Recent