Mrs.Nesbit's Diner - Message Board / Forum

At CC

You are not logged in.

Announcement

WebSite Links: CC HomePage  MrsNesbits Homepage  Guinea Pigs Home Crochet Home  The CC Store

Pic Of The week

Happy Christmas & Merry New Year
Categories and forums are based on the topics generated by our Members.

#11 10-04-2008 09:40:35

Seminolewind
Platinum Member

Re: Read my Lipstick

Re Palin;  We need fresh enthusiastic blood in DC.  Someone intelligent.  Someone who gets people fired up for patriotism.  Someone who does NOT owe favors and votes accordingly.  Someone who is a fast learner.  Someone who has made a state much better off than it was. 
   Just because you have alot of experience as a senator doesn't mean you have common sense.  I don't like politicians who switch sides on issues to gather votes.  I don't like people who have sat in the senate and done nothing. 
    Bush is an icehole.  His big booboo or untruth is costing us billions in Iraq.  He has spent money like there is no end.  He has literally bankrupted us.  Bush has no common sense.  I don't think McCain/Palin are going to directly say that he is an idiot, but they've made a whole lot of noise about cleaning up his mess without directly blaming him.
   I haven't voted in 30 years.  I'm voting this year.  She ain't perfect, but she makes me want to stand up and sing the National Anthem.

I was going to be good, but I got bored
  http://www.myspace.com/kseminolewind

#12 10-04-2008 09:49:09

Queen of the Lilliputians
Gone fishing
Website

First Sem- thank you so much for this reply.  You are the first Republican (assumption there) that I've heard criticize Bush.  I really respect that. 

Anyway.. 

As for switching sides- here's the kicker.  McCain was a Democrat.  He switched sides in a big bad way.  Did he do it for votes?  idk.  I used to really, really like him.  Before the switch, and if he was running as a democrat (with a better environmental plan) I'd've voted for him.  But I agree- how do you trust someone who doesn't stand true to what he/she believes?

Again- I can't criticize or endorse Palin.  I don't know know enough about her to form an opinion.

Former ruler-wielding nun at a catholic school

#13 10-04-2008 10:28:30

johnnyjack
gone fishing
Website

ok so jj,s gonna throw a monkey wrench in here.   
jmho      
so i guess all the democrats are gonna vote for a man who will not salute our country's flag .
hmmmmmmm sounds like to me you may have forgot all the people who died on 9/11 an in wars of the past. all the people who have had there sons daughters many many family members lives taken from them or screwed up so you yes you could sit here on Ur back sides and put a man in office who in my eyes is against everything America was founded on.
ADDED A NOTE HERE: i lost my mother and father due to ww2 when i was 5 and my uncle was shell shocked and never was 100% again. but that doesn't change the fact that i think we need a man who will stand up for our country and be damn proud of it.
not saying go to war. wrap it up and bring it home and worry about our selves for a few yrs stop giving and supplying the world.

jmho if Obama is voted president, patriotism will go down the drain and what little dignity the u.s. has will fast disappear and you will see more insurgent forces rise up in America.
so when i vote, i will vote for McCain and Palin. fact is i would rather have a man in office with a back ground of protecting his country rather than one who doesn't show any patriotism what so ever.
and as far as Palin all i got to say is to bad she isn't running for president.  shes a hell of a woman. 
ok one more thing just a side note bush sucks big time. and when i vote i vote for who i think will be the best to straighten out the mess this country is in not just a party name.
im not the brightest bulb in the pack but im not burnt out either.

#14 10-04-2008 10:59:35

Queen of the Lilliputians
Gone fishing
Website

johnnyjack wrote:

JJ- one of these days you saying that is going to jump out and bite you in the bum.  wink (insert smile here)

As for forgetting all the people who have died for my country- quite the opposite.  I love my country, I am patriotic.  But what my Government stands for right now is not what I think my country is about.. at all.  Would I salute the flag and what my country is founded on- you betcha.  But would I support my flag as a representative of our current policies- no way in hell.  I don't know what Obama is doing there.. maybe he feels as I do. 

Honestly- I don't get why people say, "obviously you've forgotten the people who died".  They didn't die to watch their children and grandchildren go to war and die.  They didn't die so that the current president could turn the entire world against us and make this an unsafe place to be.  They died to protect us, and our freedom.  And chip by chip, bit by bit, the Bush administration is taking that away.  Heck, they call a huge afront to our freedom and privacy the "Patriot Act"!! 

I'd get bristly with your implications but I love ya too much for that.  So let me say I think the biggest way we can honor our troops, past and present, is to keep this country beautiful and peaceful for the people they left behind.  I am 100% behind our young men and women- they are fighting a horrible war.  It isn't their fault that it's based on lies.  Many of them have done their tour, and are doing it again because the military decided it still needed them.  My heart aches at the thought of another generation of kids who go back to trying to be regular citizens- with horrible physical scars (that's if they aren't sent home in a bag).  If they are lucky they get out with only bad PTSD.  But as a child of a Viet Nam Vet, raised in a house with PTSD, I can tell ya that isn't so lucky at all.  I support our past troops, and honor their memory.  I don't think that anything in our gov't does right now, and I personally feel like a vote for McCain is just more of the same (that's imho, only.).  I support our current troops- Bring our kids home.  Now.

(and btw- they can add me once again to the watchlist for my anti-gov't sediment.  They can list my name right under my Dad's.  He spent the first 5 years of the war traveling to Washington to stand up for our troops, and to petition against the lies that started these wars in the first place.  I love my country- I hate my government.)

Meghan

Former ruler-wielding nun at a catholic school

#15 10-04-2008 11:15:23

johnnyjack
gone fishing
Website

shocked       meg  lol love ya to idk what im doing in here anyway.
# Debate Club        i dont know enough about politics to debate things all i know is what i feel and what i see.

but im proud of our country not proud of bush and his crap along with all the dem- and rep- behind him. yes i said that to you cant lay it all on one party they both screwed up this go around.
i just hope for our children sake meg. some one who ever it is will stop all the killing.
bottom line is America needs to build America back.

#16 10-04-2008 11:18:20

BantyChickMom
The Hooker Coordinator

Quite frankly Bush never should have went in a 2nd term, but thanks to his supporters who realized a little too late just what an idiot he is, we were stuck with him for another 4 years, and look at the mess HE has gotten us into!!

Although I don't really know alot about her I personally like Palin and think that was the smartest move McCain has made thus far.   And I agree that looking at a person's track record will tell you all you need to know about him/her, but who are we voting for here,  PRESIDENT OR VICE PRESIDENT?

Everybody keeps talking about cutting out Govt. spending but yet they just passed a $700 billion bailout plan that isn't gonna do a thing to help any of us little people!   Wipe out bad debts for the rich and make it easier for the banks to loan more money to the rich, but is any of the bailout plan gonna wipe out those late payments on my credit report??    Is any of that plan gonna put more money in my check book?    HELL NO!!!!!    It's only gonna cause the little people to go deeper in debt and lose more personal possessions because they can't afford to buy the basic neccessities of life!

What about the unnecessary spending in Iraq??    A war that nobody but BUSH wanted in the first place!   And why did he want it?     My opinion on his reason for going after Saddm Hussein is simply to do what "dear old daddy didn't do"!
I'm sure most people hear the cost of this war from the media, but how many of you know these things?

1.  Married military personnel get an increase in their base pay when separated from their spouse,   it's called
     "separation pay", and averages  out to about $300 a month for a corporal, who is very low in the ranks.

2. Not sure how it is now but 12 years ago every enlisted person had an automatic $100,000 life insurance policy
    footed totally by the government.

Now, there have been many, many soldiers in Iraq long after their "end of active service" (EAS) date and many of those have been killed.  I know $100,000 is mere pocket change when compared to a monthly cost of $10 billion, but when you consider over 4,000 deaths at $100,000 payout each, and some of those were still there on expired military contracts, that puts a little perspective on it, doesn't it?

There are too many things wrong with our country and they're not gonna be corrected over night, after all it took 8 years of a BUSH to get it that way, but I personally think the first step that will show great improvement is to regulate gas prices!!
If this had been done a long time ago, the economy would still be booming and there would have been no need for a govt. bailout plan!      I think it was Meg that said the govt. refused to do anything about our economy until it started affecting the rich people!
I am all for drilling in Alaska, but even if drilling started yesterday,that still has no inpact on high prices today!

The next President doesn't go in until January.   How many of us can really afford to keep our heads above water for the next 4 months living in the current economic conditions?

Back on topic here, what would happen if all candidates dropped their party affiliation and campaigned solely on their beliefs?
I think McCain is associated as "pro Bush" because of his Republican status and  vice versa for Obama.
We live very well by stereotyping!
I have taken several questionnaires that tell which candidate is a perfect match and every one of them has come back with Obama sitting at 81%, followed closely by Hillary Clinton at 78%.

I tend to vote democratic but I really consider myself to be independent!   I base my vote on the one that has more of the same convictions I do and that usually ends up being a Democrat!
Sem, I've heard you say all good things for Sarah Palin but have heard nothing about McCain, so I am curious and dare to ask do you really support McCain or does he have your support basically because of his running mate
Sarah Palin?

It's better to have loved and lost than live with the psycho the rest of your life
                                            Tammy
                               www.mrsnesbitsdiner.com

#17 10-04-2008 12:56:30

Seminolewind
Platinum Member

Queen of the Lilliputians wrote:

First Sem- thank you so much for this reply.  You are the first Republican (assumption there) that I've heard criticize Bush.  I really respect that. 

Anyway.. 

As for switching sides- here's the kicker.  McCain was a Democrat.  He switched sides in a big bad way.  Did he do it for votes?  idk.  I used to really, really like him.  Before the switch, and if he was running as a democrat (with a better environmental plan) I'd've voted for him.  But I agree- how do you trust someone who doesn't stand true to what he/she believes?

Again- I can't criticize or endorse Palin.  I don't know know enough about her to form an opinion.

I can't stand Bush-never could.  He's always been incompetent, and a war monger like his father-they both had an itchy finger for war

#18 10-04-2008 12:59:00

Seminolewind
Platinum Member

johnnyjack wrote:

ok so jj,s gonna throw a monkey wrench in here.   
jmho      
so i guess all the democrats are gonna vote for a man who will not salute our country's flag .
hmmmmmmm sounds like to me you may have forgot all the people who died on 9/11 an in wars of the past. all the people who have had there sons daughters many many family members lives taken from them or screwed up so you yes you could sit here on Ur back sides and put a man in office who in my eyes is against everything America was founded on.
ADDED A NOTE HERE: i lost my mother and father due to ww2 when i was 5 and my uncle was shell shocked and never was 100% again. but that doesn't change the fact that i think we need a man who will stand up for our country and be damn proud of it.
not saying go to war. wrap it up and bring it home and worry about our selves for a few yrs stop giving and supplying the world.

jmho if Obama is voted president, patriotism will go down the drain and what little dignity the u.s. has will fast disappear and you will see more insurgent forces rise up in America.
so when i vote, i will vote for McCain and Palin. fact is i would rather have a man in office with a back ground of protecting his country rather than one who doesn't show any patriotism what so ever.
and as far as Palin all i got to say is to bad she isn't running for president.  shes a hell of a woman. 
ok one more thing just a side note bush sucks big time. and when i vote i vote for who i think will be the best to straighten out the mess this country is in not just a party name.

This was a very bright thing said here.  You don't give yourself enough credit.

#19 10-04-2008 01:05:06

Seminolewind
Platinum Member

"My opinion on his reason for going after Saddm Hussein is simply to do what "dear old daddy didn't do"!--quoting Tammy-
Tammy!  I have said that since 9/11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Did he have to destroy a whole country to kill one man?

#20 10-04-2008 01:13:20

Seminolewind
Platinum Member

Tammy, I think McCain has more necessary experience.  I do not agree with everything he says, But I don't like Obama at all.  If Palin was not on the ticket, I would not vote, as I have not in 30 years.  But since she is on the ticket, I am registered to vote for her and McCain.  Do I think they will continue Bush poop?  No.

Board footer

Return to Crossing Show Recent

Return to Nesbits Diner Show Recent