Mrs.Nesbit's Diner - Message Board / Forum

At CC

You are not logged in.

Announcement

WebSite Links: CC HomePage  MrsNesbits Homepage  Guinea Pigs Home Crochet Home  The CC Store

Pic Of The week

Happy Christmas & Merry New Year
Categories and forums are based on the topics generated by our Members.

#41 10-07-2008 05:37:25

AKA Steve
Web Master

Re: Read my Lipstick

Why is it that when you say that someone didn't salute the flag, or didn't wear a flag pin, that people get all up in arms, but when you tell people that the laws of the united states constitution are being broken, that people ignore it.

This country is founded on principals; those contained in the constitution, and was not founded on a symbol.
The constitution is the document that defines our country and the liberty's granted to the people, and since so many people in this country are either christian or jewish, I would think that the honoring of the flag, without caring about the document that it stands for, would be akin to Idle worship, a practice reviled by both religions.

Nesbits Avatar: Arnold Rimmer - the Hologram, and his friend Mr. Flibble
www.mrsnesbitsdiner.com/forum   Nesbits Forum

#42 10-07-2008 05:50:24

Queen of the Lilliputians
Gone fishing
Website

AKA Barg wrote:

Why is it that when you say that someone didn't salute the flag, or didn't wear a flag pin, that people get all up in arms, but when you tell people that the laws of the united states constitution are being broken, that people ignore it.

Because, Steve- words are, in the end, just words.  Not to mix metaphors here, but a picture is a symbol.  I understand exactly what you are saying, and I think you are incorrect if you think it doesn't matter to everyone that the laws of the constitution were stepped on.  It does.  But the thing is, we were all brainwashed since childhood to salute the flag.  We were taught about the constitution, but it was not IN OUR FACE every morning the way the flag was.  Does that make sense?

And truly, not everyone is as in love with words as we are.  No matter what they say.  I think you can tell from my posts that I do not suffer from that lolol!

Former ruler-wielding nun at a catholic school

#43 10-07-2008 06:02:43

Seminolewind
Platinum Member

edit

Last edited by Seminolewind (10-07-2008 07:07:09)

I was going to be good, but I got bored
  http://www.myspace.com/kseminolewind

#44 10-07-2008 06:20:30

AKA Steve
Web Master

Queen of the Lilliputians wrote:

AKA Barg wrote:

Because, Steve- words are, in the end, just words.  Not to mix metaphors here, but a picture is a symbol.  I understand exactly what you are saying, and I think you are incorrect if you think it doesn't matter to everyone that the laws of the constitution were stepped on.  It does.  But the thing is, we were all brainwashed since childhood to salute the flag.  We were taught about the constitution, but it was not IN OUR FACE every morning the way the flag was.  Does that make sense?

And truly, not everyone is as in love with words as we are.  No matter what they say.  I think you can tell from my posts that I do not suffer from that lolol!

Do you think they will care when they have to show thier proper papers to move from state to state, or when their neighbors are arrested without probable cause, without warrent... oh wait, that second part has already started.

#45 10-07-2008 06:38:32

Queen of the Lilliputians
Gone fishing
Website

Ok let me restate here- THEY DO CARE.  It's just harder to .. sorry.. worship a document than it is a pretty piece of cloth.  To most people the FLAG is the symbol of the Constitution and so much more.

No one is suggesting we give Bush and Cheney another term here. 

Meghan

Former ruler-wielding nun at a catholic school

#46 10-07-2008 07:13:32

BantyChickMom
The Hooker Coordinator

To most people the FLAG is the symbol of the Constitution and so much more.

That's the way I see it.
People don't see the Constitution but we do see the American flag everyday.

I think we all agree that the Bush/Cheney ticket went the wrong way.  Even Bush supporters had a change of heart after his second term began, but Bush had nothing else to gain after Jan. 20, 2005.......he knew he couldn't  get another term in office.

Now, it comes down to who we think is the better of 2 new candidates and their running mates.

Quite frankly I think it was a very wise decision for McCain to pick Palin as his VP but I think it's all in vain because Obama will be the next President. 

Is that good or bad?   IDK   Politicians are famous for saying what we want to hear but they usually fail when it comes to fulfilling promises.   That isn't always their fault because we all know the Pres can't do anything without Congressional consent.

And all of this mudslinging isn't what the people want to hear, I personally want to hear how they can turn our economy around and make life a little easier and less stressful for me and my family.

It's better to have loved and lost than live with the psycho the rest of your life
                                            Tammy
                               www.mrsnesbitsdiner.com

#47 10-10-2008 05:07:33

chickn
Double Platinum
Website

stop watching your democratic news stations, move your dials , get the real story
. ok, here is my thing, first, i voted for bush last times, why, because i felt as though we were in the middle of a war, that is no time to change commanders, ok, so yes he sucks, moving on, mcain isnt bush.

this better speaker comment, omg, are you kidding me, that is the base of which to vote for someone, we are in trouble...

i am afraid of this man, his friend his church, his wife and how she answers questions "its all politics" so what she is saying is, she left her church of 20yrs to get into the white house, not because they dont believe in what was being preached there!!
and this is why i am not an obama supporter. and so that leaves mccain and palin. if you do go to this link, scroll to the bottome half of page, sorry top half is ma. business.
http://www.michaelgraham.com/

Last edited by chickn (10-10-2008 05:13:50)

frizzled polish and polish, sizzles and silkies, std cochins, mille d'uccles,
always interested in trading eggs

#48 10-10-2008 05:11:24

chickn
Double Platinum
Website

what i want- the person voted in to actually clean up the mess, clean out the useless and move us forward
you cant say s palin isnt experienced enough then go vote for obama,

i actually like biden, i liked mccain a few yrs ago, and i think palin is what we need, we sure dont need talk,

oh my, i wish i hadnt found this link,

#49 10-10-2008 05:21:38

AKA Steve
Web Master

chickn wrote:

stop watching your democratic news stations,

Admittedly, a couple of the links I posted were to video's that contained Liberally Biased content, however, this portion of the links I posted, is not the relevant portion, nor is it the only evidence that I provided.
The document from the American bar association, the video of McCain speaking, the congressional video's; these are the relevant portions of the links that I posted, and any Liberally biased comments made in one or two of them, do not change the relevant content contained within.

BTW, not to hijack, but if you find this topic interesting, you might also find this one amusing https://chickencrossing.org/forum/ne … p?id=27705

#50 10-10-2008 12:20:24

chickn
Double Platinum
Website

sorry steve, i didnt actually watch/read all your links, i was giving my opinion without going threw all yours, lol

Board footer

Return to Crossing Show Recent

Return to Nesbits Diner Show Recent