Mrs.Nesbit's Diner - Message Board / Forum

At CC

You are not logged in.

Announcement

WebSite Links: CC HomePage  MrsNesbits Homepage  Guinea Pigs Home Crochet Home  The CC Store

Pic Of The week

Happy Christmas & Merry New Year
Categories and forums are based on the topics generated by our Members.

#81 10-20-2008 05:31:57

Seminolewind
Platinum Member

Re: Read my Lipstick

JJ, even when the candidates debate, they shake hands afterwards.  I enjoy hearing anyone's opinions cause even if I disagree, I may have learned something, or found out something that I didn't know.
   Bush is Bush (gag barf snort n spit, gag)  .  McCain said if Obama wants to run against Bush , he should have done that 4 years ago.  Obama is the one who constantly insists that McCain is Bush II.  He is not.  They may both be rep. but the house is predominantly democrats, and that means the democrats have caused most of this mess.  Not to mention that Bush is an icehole, and got us into a war on false pretences.  AND Bush sr. and Bush jr.  both DROOL alot at the sound of the word "war".  I didn't see Clinton waiting with baited breath for a war, and neither did Reagan, and neither did Carter, Ford, or Nixon. 
   I like Palin cause I think her goal in her career is putting a stop to stupid spending that costs the American people money, and returning it to the people in varied ways.  I honestly think McCain will learn alot from her in this subject.
   Furthermore, I can see her as President.  Reagan came with no more experience than Palin.  We all liked him, and thought he was a good President.  You can't argue the fact that Palin is very well liked.

I was going to be good, but I got bored
  http://www.myspace.com/kseminolewind

#82 10-20-2008 09:50:10

AKA Steve
Web Master

chickn wrote:

barg, i dont have a lot of time, which link do you think is the most important for me to see? post 1 i will give you that..lol

I was unable to find quick links, so it does take time to look at all that.
I'll sum it up:
There is a document that was sent to George bush by the American bar association which outlines, in detail, the specific laws of the constitution that he has broken, through a variety of different means.
The is a clip of McCain being asked about warrentless wire taps; one of the things that violates the constitution; and he confirms that he agrees with the practice...
There are other documents that detail bills created by McCain that violate the constitution.
There is an interview with cheney, in whick he talks about the powers of the vice president, and expresses views on that power that are clearly outside the laws of the constitution.
There is a clip of sarah palin being asked about the same powers of the vice president, agreeing with Cheney unlawful interpretation of the constitution.

Since you don't have time to watch all of the video's or read the documents I have stated these portions of what I linked to,; however this does not fully cover everything contained in those links, nor do those links represent All of the evidence that exists, pertaining to illegal activities, both constitutional and otherwise, and the involvement or stated agreement with these activities.
The links I have posted are the tip of the ice burg, but since I am a frequent watcher of c-span, it would be hard to gather all of the information that I have been made aware of, over the last eight years.
If I could find a clip of McCain saying the words, "yes, I intend to break the law when I'm president" he would make it alot easier for me, but politicians never say anything that simply. doh rotflol

Nesbits Avatar: Arnold Rimmer - the Hologram, and his friend Mr. Flibble
www.mrsnesbitsdiner.com/forum   Nesbits Forum

#83 10-21-2008 02:46:04

chickn
Double Platinum
Website

lol, there is a local woman running for office that said on tv that the mess we are in is both republican and democrats faults....i will vote for her.

also, here is another debate, i dont do much thats illegal so i dont think i care if mccain or anyone else listens to my telephone conversations, however i doubt they would bother listening to mine. i think the people they would be listening in on maybe they should be listening in on??? what are your thoughts

my thoughts are this, do whatever you need to do, and break whatever you need to break to keep my family safe.

frizzled polish and polish, sizzles and silkies, std cochins, mille d'uccles,
always interested in trading eggs

#84 10-21-2008 03:07:58

Queen of the Lilliputians
Gone fishing
Website

chickn wrote:

also, here is another debate, i dont do much thats illegal so i dont think i care if mccain or anyone else listens to my telephone conversations, however i doubt they would bother listening to mine. i think the people they would be listening in on maybe they should be listening in on??? what are your thoughts

my thoughts are this, do whatever you need to do, and break whatever you need to break to keep my family safe.

Wendy- the problem is that they aren't just listening in on conversations they NEED to listen in on.  Very recently there was a report that they were listening to the conversations the troops were making back home to their families.. and passing the phone around to share the juicy parts... or taping those parts to replay later for their own amusement.  This came out.. what last week?  Maybe the week before?

And pretty much anyone who says, in a place such as this, that they hate the gov't and think the Pres. stinks can consider themselves on a watchlist.  It's all gone way overboard. 

So my answer is- no.  They are NOT just listening to the conversations that need listening to.  They are listening in on whatever they feel like.  Total abuse of power.

As for them doing whatever they need to.. yikes Prob is, they are, again, ABUSING THEIR POWER.  They are doing things they DON'T need to do.  It's all pretty terrible.. and that's even if you think either one of the current wars was justified.  I'm not so sure these days (actually I'm not so sure about the Afghanistan one.. I know the Saudi one was all based on a lie.)  As I said, if you are trusting the gov't to protect your freedoms and yet protect this country, you are deluding yourself.  They think nothing of individuals being sacrificed in the name of this mess.  They do not care about you, or me, or your kids as individuals.  They WILL sacrifice the few for the many (edited- I actually put "the money" here originally... maybe that isn't so far off), and then smile and go to lunch.  This isn't television with some loving President emotionally embracing his people on camera.  These aren't parental figures, smiling down fondly at us while keeping the demons at bay.  It's more like your bosses (well, the ones I've had).  No matter how much they like you, they'll can you in a moments notice if they need to.

Meghan

Former ruler-wielding nun at a catholic school

#85 10-21-2008 04:03:06

AKA Steve
Web Master

Ill just restate this.
Rome survived hundreds of years while under attack from without, it was not until the right of it's own people were taken away that it fell.
I hear so many people talk about the evils of communism and dictatorship, then turn around and say its ok to take away freedoms in order to stay safe.
Saluting the flag is a pointless gesture when people fail to remember the words of our founders.
Remember what Patrick Henry said? "Give me liberty or give me death".
Too many politicians package the removal of your freedoms under the labels of "Liberty" and "Patriotism", and too  many people fall for it; it's time we wake up and smell the coffee, our rights are being removed.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
Patrick Henry

Added: When the American revolution started, the odds of success were extremely small; the British empire was too powerful; if the Revolution had been lost, the people we think of as our founding fathers would have been hung for High treason to the British Empire.
When Patrick Henry uttered those words, he meant it, and had every reason to feel that he would die for that cause; and now people lay down and submit to the removal of their freedoms and call themselves Patriots.
Think about it, the future of our country depends on it.

#86 10-23-2008 09:12:34

paganfish
The Ancient Chicken Sage

Hey Sem you said: "I just want all that unnecessary spending stopped."

Read this article from the Washington Post (other news papers have the same story BTW)...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co … 88_pf.html

If she's going to do this now...what will she do when she's in higher office.

I agree with Steve, Meg and others...I rather have someone SMART in office not someone that LOOKS good or SAYS cute things like "betcha", "gonna" and "Maverick" in EVERY sentence!

Please excuse me while I barf!

OBAMA/BIDEN!!!

dance005

"I put a capital N on nature and call it my church."
-Frank Lloyd Wright
smile

#87 10-23-2008 02:40:14

Seminolewind
Platinum Member

Where are you getting this info from, The Enquirer?     Just Kidding!

McCain/Palin

I was going to be good, but I got bored
  http://www.myspace.com/kseminolewind

#88 10-23-2008 07:27:36

paganfish
The Ancient Chicken Sage

Seminolewind wrote:

Where are you getting this info from, The Enquirer?     Just Kidding!

McCain/Palin

rotflol You know I LOVE my Republican (et al) friends!!! rotflol

"I put a capital N on nature and call it my church."
-Frank Lloyd Wright
smile

#89 10-25-2008 04:50:31

AKA Steve
Web Master

Ok sem, I think that this thread has gone kinda, all over the place.
Your initial statement opened up lots of different things for people to talk about.
I think that's because of some general differences of opinions on the type of country we live in and as a result of the differing points of view of the people who started this country in the first place.

Hows that for a lead in for going another direction..... rotflol
Ok, so I'm watching the news and there's this story about a guy who was in the army a long time ago, the guy is 44 years old, married and has kids and was just called back to active duty in Iraq shocked

He spoke about his duty and how he wants to teach his kids about service and stuff.

I understand the desire to teach kids about serving your country, but what I don't understand is, not teaching your kids about doing the right thing, and that, the right thing is not always what the politicians say is the right thing.
Thomas Jefferson believed that there should be a revolution every few years to keep government from gaining too much control.
The idea of thoughtless devotion to your country, without regard for the meaning of that; I just don't know.
I will not issue a blank check, that says that it's ok to keep sending people needlessly to Iraq, for an unnecessary war.
I appreciate our troops service and sacrifice, but no one should serve our country blindly; furthermore, i think that guy served his country already, fought in a war already, and now has kids and a wife that need him; that's more important then This war, the Iraq war.
I think a distinction needs to be made about war; the Iraq war and WWII are two totally different things, they are beyond beyond comparison in their goals, their purpose and their , in as far as our involvement, completely different in their justification.
The sacrifice made is the same, but I will not bow to the reteric created by the bush administration that, speaking out against the war in unpatriotic - it is extremely patriotic.( Of the People By the people for the people - and I'm one of them.)
And so is that guy going to Iraq. I wish he wasn't.

Sorry if you don't think this post is appropriate to this thread, but I really think this has been a good thread that has evolved, because your basic statement had broader implications then I first realized; maybe others too.

Or maybe I'm just going off on a tangent...
But in any case, thanks for starting this thread.
I will prepare for my beatings now for my "lack of patriotism" <--- That is not how I really see it, but I'm sure some will.

#90 10-25-2008 08:40:40

BantyChickMom
The Hooker Coordinator

OK, I'm gonna jump back in this and share yet another of my .02 thoughts....

Steve, I agree with you on PATRIOTISM.

And I have often wondered what our "founding fathers" would have to say about the current situations and the shape of this country today.

Back when the American Revolution was fought, it was fought for all the right reasons, the main reason being to get out from under "Government control".
And they really believed in that cause or else they never would have been courageous enough to rebell against the most powerful country at the time, not to mention "staying the course" as well as winning!

Problem today is the majority of American people don't see themselves as being affected by "Big Government" violating the Constitution and invading privacies of a select "microscopic" few........OR they are too afraid of taking on "Big Government" for fear of the massive consequences that would follow!
Let's face it, the Government already has all of our personal information stored in their database somewhere, it's just a matter of seeing our name associated with anything the Government considers a threat that they would decide to violate our constitutional rights and convince our neighbors that we are a threat to them.

Now, on the other hand...........

If we look to our Government to ease our fears over the current economic situation and expect the Government to take care of the people during hard times, does this NOT allow the Government to go beyond the law of the land and make sure the people they are "taking care of" are really loyal subjects?

It's better to have loved and lost than live with the psycho the rest of your life
                                            Tammy
                               www.mrsnesbitsdiner.com

Board footer

Return to Crossing Show Recent

Return to Nesbits Diner Show Recent