Mrs.Nesbit's Diner - Message Board / Forum

At CC

You are not logged in.

Announcement

WebSite Links: CC HomePage  MrsNesbits Homepage  Guinea Pigs Home Crochet Home  The CC Store

Pic Of The week

Happy Christmas & Merry New Year
Categories and forums are based on the topics generated by our Members.

#1 10-06-2008 09:32:11

picklespickles
Silver Member

what kind of paintings do you make?

most of my work is abstract but also impressionist and pointilist. mixed media. i also have a thing for geometric shapes. and for making paintings, then tearing them up and using them as a collage to create and then someimes even paint over again for another piece.

i have a room in my house (benefits of living alone) dedicated to my work. so, good.

but, i will get a show somewhere and then NEVER even go see it. yes. ai. so also a shy nut.

the paradox of pickles

#2 10-07-2008 04:01:54

2dream
Silver Member

Re: what kind of paintings do you make?

Please post some pictures of your paintings.  I bet they are really great.  I don't paint.  I spent hours, days, and weeks trying to learn how to draw but it looks like something a 3 year old would paint on the walls. 
I love looking at peoples art work.

I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. (Jimmy Stewart as Elwood Dowd in Harvey)

#3 10-07-2008 07:12:39

picklespickles
Silver Member

not really the type to post pics, sorry.

if you spend that much time doing it, then i bet you are doing something right and you obviously have the passion for it.

maybe you are trying to do a style that just ins't yours? generally, abstract IS the kind of work people say a three year old could do. lol.

so, maybe realism isn't your thing. figure out what your strenghts are: good sense of color, nice shading or ?. also, maybe just take some classes to be around other people who are making art. that will probably help you figure out where you fit into the continuum.

one of my favorite paintings i ever bought was an abstract by a ten year old.

#4 10-07-2008 04:57:34

AKA Steve
Web Master
Website

http://home.comcast.net/%7Ebullwinkl/bat.gif

Here are a couple of my paintings big_smile
Ok, Maybe not my best work, but most of the stuff I do these days is just little computer images.

https://chickencrossing.org/pumpkin2.gif

Nesbits Avatar: Arnold Rimmer - the Hologram, and his friend Mr. Flibble
www.mrsnesbitsdiner.com/forum   Nesbits Forum

#5 10-07-2008 05:34:40

Arklady

At this moment I have one unfinished painting, in acrylic, and several pencil drawings online. I have two other oils that are at my moms house and are not on line as I didn't get a digi pic of them. But my drawings are online and you can see them here. http://www.artwanted.com/arklady I really want to do more paintings in the future but space is not available for them. Soon... if I can get a new place I will have a room dedicated to all my art and then watch out.

Arklady

I will have a signature here as soon as this chicken crosses the road because its in my way right now... (dumb bird) Arky

#6 10-07-2008 05:43:22

AKA Steve
Web Master
Website

Arklady, you seem to have several different styles to your work.
I especially like the Determined, the lust of flesh and the flower and brick, all are excellent, in different ways obviously.
You do seem to have a nice eye for line and space, that seems to be the common theme in your work. clap

#7 10-07-2008 06:06:38

Arklady

I haven't gotten to do all that I want. I have several other projects I want to do because it involves, wood and those need specialized equipment but when I get them done they should be awesome. I plan on filling my home with things I make and may sell a few if the demand is there. I have planned a screen door insert for a chicken house sporting a outline of a chicken. I don't have anything to show just know I had planned on getting it made first then showing it. But things have been moving so slow with my getting a divorce and having no income to speak of for now. Hopefully in the Spring things will start to look up.

Arklady

I will have a signature here as soon as this chicken crosses the road because its in my way right now... (dumb bird) Arky

#8 10-07-2008 08:25:42

picklespickles
Silver Member

hey. a big fan of the bouncing bat.

also, the prophecy moth was neat.

smile

#9 10-08-2008 06:26:45

AKA Steve
Web Master
Website

Another one of my little animations, as seen in my avatar on CC big_smile
https://chickencrossing.org/forum/img/avatars/2.gif

I'll have to scan some of my other stuff some day, but I really haven't done much in decades.

#10 10-27-2008 07:03:22

wynne
Gold Member

AKA Barg wrote:

Arklady, you seem to have several different styles to your work.
I especially like the Determined, the lust of flesh and the flower and brick, all are excellent, in different ways obviously.
You do seem to have a nice eye for line and space, that seems to be the common theme in your work. clap

yes, I also really like Lust of Flesh and the Prophecy Moth!

Board footer

Return to Crossing Show Recent

Return to Nesbits Diner Show Recent