Mrs.Nesbit's Diner - Message Board / Forum

At CC

You are not logged in.

Announcement

WebSite Links: CC HomePage  MrsNesbits Homepage  Guinea Pigs Home Crochet Home  The CC Store

Pic Of The week

Happy Christmas & Merry New Year
Categories and forums are based on the topics generated by our Members.

• Index
  •  » Debate Club
  •  » A simple Analogous Hypothetical - What would you do? Analogy Revealed

#1 10-09-2008 12:42:22

AKA Steve
Web Master
Website

A simple Analogous Hypothetical - What would you do? Analogy Revealed

You need to go shopping for groceries.
You only have a couple hours to fit the shopping trip into your day.
The problem is that, you need to  do all of your shopping for the next couple weeks, but you have locked your money in your bedroom and you don't have a key.

You are sure that there is some change in your couch, but it's stuck way down inside the thing and you'll probably have to tear the whole thing apart to get to that money, and though your not sure how much is in there, you doubt that it is enough to buy, much more then a gallon of milk.

Your sure that if you forget the couch, and try to get that bedroom door open, you would succeed, but it will take more effort then getting the money out of the couch; but if you succeed, you can get everything you need from the store and you won't need the money in the couch.

what do you do?

Nesbits Avatar: Arnold Rimmer - the Hologram, and his friend Mr. Flibble
www.mrsnesbitsdiner.com/forum   Nesbits Forum

#2 10-09-2008 02:57:25

Queen of the Lilliputians
Gone fishing
Website

Re: A simple Analogous Hypothetical - What would you do? Analogy Revealed

Alright.. is this a trick question?  There just seems to be more to this than meets the eye...  hmmm.

Open the bedroom door, buy enough for just that night and maybe the next, take a deep breath, and worry about the rest of the groceries a few days later.  After a stressful morning of lock-picking, I'm not going to be in any mood to run through the grocery store (although I'm incredibly fast with a grocery cart-lots of trips in at 10pm when they close at 11....)

Besides, I have kids.  I'm afraid to stick my hands in the couch...

Meghan

Former ruler-wielding nun at a catholic school

#3 10-09-2008 07:15:50

Hencackle
Thread Killer

If you're still at home, why is the bedroom locked?  neutral    Which side of the door are you on?  wink  smarty

I've got a FOWL mouth!
cool Song  = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6WVNN_DJe0

"If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

#4 10-09-2008 07:24:41

countryhen
Double Platinum

Okay  I don't  stick my hands down in our couch eaither, we have pets which can sometimes be worse then kids!  Me I don' t have to pick a lock at my house,  I go outside and just open the window and come through , get the money and unlock the door.    Good answer hencackle   rotflol

Take the time to appreciate the small things in life that most folks take for granted.

What  keeps  me  going  each  day !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T3sHPZr … p;index=16

#5 10-09-2008 08:36:44

BantyChickMom
The Hooker Coordinator

Did Colleen lock you in the padded cell again!?   smarty

It's better to have loved and lost than live with the psycho the rest of your life
                                            Tammy
                               www.mrsnesbitsdiner.com

#6 10-09-2008 09:36:26

Hencackle
Thread Killer

:funny 
You know something we don't?!!!  rotfl

IF Steve is locked in, he could remove the pins from the door hinges and slip the door right out.

I've got a FOWL mouth!
cool Song  = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6WVNN_DJe0

"If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

#7 10-09-2008 02:28:11

AKA Steve
Web Master
Website

Hencackle wrote:

If you're still at home, why is the bedroom locked?  neutral    Which side of the door are you on?  wink  smarty

You are on the outside of the bedroom door.
You are over thinking this, as if it were a riddle; it isn't a riddle, it is a simple Analogous Hypothetical.
Your ability to get in the room is a given, but it will take some effort; how you decide to get into the room is irrelevant, and completely up to your own imagination, but again, you know that you can get in, of you put some work into it.

The question is more to do with your choice to get in the room, to take the money from the couch etc...
This is a choice you need to make about what to do, not a riddle on how to do it. big_smile

#8 10-09-2008 03:13:03

AKA Steve
Web Master
Website

I hope people keep reading and posting their reply to this question; you may have noticed a couple things about this question that are the key to the whole thing.
The first thing you might notice is the word Analogous; this question is an analogy.
The second is that, this post is Not in the games forum, it IS in the debate forum, and if it does receive a few answers, eventually, it will probably turn into a debate.

#9 10-09-2008 03:47:38

Queen of the Lilliputians
Gone fishing
Website

And Steve, your answer begs the following two questions (to which I think we deserve answers, lol):

Analogy for WHAT?

And what the heck in this question is debate-able?  trust me, you don't want to stick your hands into my couch either rotfl

Former ruler-wielding nun at a catholic school

#10 10-09-2008 04:12:16

AKA Steve
Web Master
Website

only you and country hen answered the question, before i reveal my point, I need to have more answers to the question; then everyone can tell me how the analogy doesn't apply and all that stuff, but before that happens, i would first like a base of answers big_smile

• Index
  •  » Debate Club
  •  » A simple Analogous Hypothetical - What would you do? Analogy Revealed

Board footer

Return to Crossing Show Recent

Return to Nesbits Diner Show Recent