Mrs.Nesbit's Diner - Message Board / Forum

At CC

You are not logged in.

Announcement

WebSite Links: CC HomePage  MrsNesbits Homepage  Guinea Pigs Home Crochet Home  The CC Store

Pic Of The week

Happy Christmas & Merry New Year
Categories and forums are based on the topics generated by our Members.

#11 10-28-2008 08:55:46

wynne
Gold Member

Re: A few photos of wynne's world

I need to print out your last post, Steve.  My brain tends to run away when I start reading about f stops and such, but I need to STUDY this more.

#12 10-28-2008 05:20:35

Seminolewind
Platinum Member

johnnyjack wrote:

cool pic's wynne  smile

so i got a question for ya how is it that ya get the background blurred ?

That f-stop, aperature stuff is great for someone who takes alot of pics.  For me, I get the background blurred if I take a portrait picture, like a small focus area in the middle, so the middle is sharp.  Most cameras are used to get the whole shot clear.  The better the lens, the better this can look, as you can see with Wynne's shots

I was going to be good, but I got bored
  http://www.myspace.com/kseminolewind

#13 01-30-2009 10:38:10

tiki244
Gold Member

Very nice Wynn. Got some good aperature action goin on there.

#14 01-30-2009 10:41:59

tiki244
Gold Member

AKA Steve wrote:

In answer to the question of blurred background.
If the lens has an aperture setting on it, it will have a smaller depth of field if the aperture is set to the smallest number; the smallest number represents the widest opening on the aperture and the smallest depth of field; additionally, the wider the field of view on a lens, the greater the depth of field is, before the aperture.
For example, a 28 mm lens is a standard wide angle lens and will have a larger depth of field then a 50 mm lens.
As already stated a 50 mm is considered standard view.
A telephoto lens, like a 135mm or 200mm will have smaller depth of field then a 50mm; this also means that it can be more difficult to get a shot that's in focus- especially if you have my eyes.
Additionally, the wider the angle, the faster the lens.
A fast lens is able to take pictures in lower light, therefore a 28mm wide angle and a 50 mm standard, are able to take pictures in lower light then a 135 mm lens -in most cases.

All of what I just said assumes a 35mm slr camera is being used, I assume there are similarities in digiital slr's but since mine is a piece of junk, I couldn't tell ya.

Oh, btw did I mention I was into photography lol

rotflol   rotflol    rotflol    rotflol

O My Goodness!!!!!!!!!!

I just say to people,,,,,,set the aperture to the smallest number if you want a blurred background like when you are taking a portrait pic and set the aperture to the largest number if you want the whole picture in focus,,,,like you do in a landscape photo.

#15 01-30-2009 10:56:03

AKA Steve
Web Master
Website

tiki244 wrote:

AKA Steve wrote:

In answer to the question of blurred background.
If the lens has an aperture setting on it, it will have a smaller depth of field if the aperture is set to the smallest number; the smallest number represents the widest opening on the aperture and the smallest depth of field; additionally, the wider the field of view on a lens, the greater the depth of field is, before the aperture.
For example, a 28 mm lens is a standard wide angle lens and will have a larger depth of field then a 50 mm lens.
As already stated a 50 mm is considered standard view.
A telephoto lens, like a 135mm or 200mm will have smaller depth of field then a 50mm; this also means that it can be more difficult to get a shot that's in focus- especially if you have my eyes.
Additionally, the wider the angle, the faster the lens.
A fast lens is able to take pictures in lower light, therefore a 28mm wide angle and a 50 mm standard, are able to take pictures in lower light then a 135 mm lens -in most cases.

All of what I just said assumes a 35mm slr camera is being used, I assume there are similarities in digiital slr's but since mine is a piece of junk, I couldn't tell ya.

Oh, btw did I mention I was into photography lol

rotflol   rotflol    rotflol    rotflol

O My Goodness!!!!!!!!!!

I just say to people,,,,,,set the aperture to the smallest number if you want a blurred background like when you are taking a portrait pic and set the aperture to the largest number if you want the whole picture in focus,,,,like you do in a landscape photo.

Oh yes of coarse, a normal person on the street, I say the same thing, but these people have top clearance so we don't have to follow the usual protocol of "need to know" ... and besides, this Is the photography section smarty

Nesbits Avatar: Arnold Rimmer - the Hologram, and his friend Mr. Flibble
www.mrsnesbitsdiner.com/forum   Nesbits Forum

#16 01-31-2009 02:19:07

tiki244
Gold Member

chickie3      TOP CLEARANCE      YEs indeed   bow

Board footer

Return to Crossing Show Recent

Return to Nesbits Diner Show Recent