ChickenCrossing.Org

The Message Board for Pet Chicken People

You are not logged in.

Announcement

WebSite Links: CC HomePage  Chicken Photo Gallery  Coop Gallery  Chicken Links  Chick to Pullet Blog  The Chicken Crossing Store

Chicken Crossing Forum and Message Board

#21 04-18-2010 07:35:59

Chicken's Buddy
Silver Member

Re: Seabrights: Post pictures of yours!

suzette pergande wrote:

(want to do this also, same exact problem) has she been broody lond enough?,needs to be at least 20 days so her internal clock can be fooled. silkies are suposed to be the best at excepting and mothering anything i think the general rule is to give her day old chicks, call your feed store and see when their next shipment comes in and then sneak them under her at night, you need to give them their own seperate pen or others will attack them or your hen will become stressed trying to protect her babies.the new babies need to be feed different food also.
( i recently had a disaster on my hands from bringing in an outside hen and her chicks, they were wild mean birds, not at all like the pets i love.. really think it through)

Thanks! I did it last night! She exepted the two Isa pullets I gave her-she even started clucking and bit me when I put the babies under her! yaha
This morning I went out to feed them and little lady mama was so happy being followed around by two babies!

Last edited by Chicken's Buddy (04-18-2010 07:37:51)

Jennie
                                                                                ~We'll comite the perfect crime~I'll steal your heart you steal mine~

#22 04-18-2010 07:41:31

Chicken's Buddy
Silver Member

Suzette, you should SO try gafting(looked it up online, giving broodies hatchery chicks is called gafting) do it at about 9:00pm and she'll exept them!

Jennie

#23 04-18-2010 07:44:10

suzette pergande
Gold Member

good for you. im so jealous..cant decide if im going to get some hatching eggs from someone or just get chicks and be sneaky. sneaky sounds easier,and i could get more of what im lacking ,fuzzy butts!!!
my problem isnt the hen but my husband,just how far could i push him????

(how do i post a new topic cant find it where did it go)

Last edited by suzette pergande (04-18-2010 07:49:46)

#24 04-18-2010 08:19:15

BantyChickMom
Mod Squad

suzette pergande wrote:

good for you. im so jealous..cant decide if im going to get some hatching eggs from someone or just get chicks and be sneaky. sneaky sounds easier,and i could get more of what im lacking ,fuzzy butts!!!

Remember,  It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.  big_smile

http://youtu.be/536E2Yjj5kk

#25 04-18-2010 02:52:52

Chicken's Buddy
Silver Member

big_smile

suzette pergande wrote:

(how do i post a new topic cant find it where did it go)

Push him far! My dad said no more pets, but me and my mom got two chicks when he was at work. big_smile
He said no when I wanted a dog, when I wanted chickens, when I wanted a cat, and when I wanted fish.
I now have(1,2,3) 16 chickens, 2 dogs, a cat, and I don't know how many fish.
I also don't know how I wound up with peacocks, but now I have a pair dad never wanted.
Guys are so easy. big_smile

Jennie

#26 04-20-2010 01:44:03

Chicken's Buddy
Silver Member

Hey Tammy, do you know how to post pics?
I would love to show you guys some pics of the new babies!  big_smile

Jennie

#27 04-20-2010 02:02:09

BantyChickMom
Mod Squad

http://youtu.be/536E2Yjj5kk

#28 04-25-2010 07:05:43

Chicken's Buddy
Silver Member

Cocoa, the shy(er) one.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4040/4551055018_41f3225163.jpg

Carimal, my little sweetie.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4066/4550407817_e98df22fdb.jpg

Jennie

#29 04-25-2010 01:39:27

Chicken's Buddy
Silver Member

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3301/4551636589_4d8e626b16.jpg

Cocoa playing 'fried chicken' in the sun.

Jennie

#30 06-21-2010 01:39:35

BlueEggs4Life
Website

These were my two mystery bantam gals form TSC. One is a golden seabright and not sure on the other darker colored one.

Owned by 2 Pembroke Welsh Corgi's (Turbo & Diesel), 2 rescue cats (Penny & Datsun), 6 Easter Egger hens(Maku, Sake, MooShoo, Seasame, Tofu, Bak Choi), 1 Light Brahma (Ricky), 1 Black Australorp (Julian), 5 bantam hens (Mohawk,Baby Boots, Mama, JRoc, Butters) 2 Pheasants (Goldie & Babe), and one VERY understanding hubby (Mike)... sooner or later they are going to kick us out of the city - I NEED a farm!

Board footer

Return to Crossing Show Recent

Return to Nesbits Diner Show Recent