ChickenCrossing.Org

The Message Board for Pet Chicken People

You are not logged in.

Announcement

WebSite Links: CC HomePage  Chicken Photo Gallery  Coop Gallery  Chicken Links  Chick to Pullet Blog  The Chicken Crossing Store

Chicken Crossing Forum and Message Board

#11 03-16-2008 06:32:46

Blondie

Re: Hamburgs Post Pictures of Yours (include any information you like)

OK, I just ran out there to take a close look.  She has a single comb, NOT a rose comb.

Hey Rooster/Lee,  I thought she used to be one of our "Speckles"!

Also known as Janine, with approximately 40 chickens, a couple of cats, 8 goats, a visiting Muscovy, and Basil the Husband.
www.friscofarms.com
www.janinebanko.com

#12 03-16-2008 09:15:44

franklevey
Silver Member

I got her from Ideal Poultry and she is rose combed.

ChickenCrossing Mrs. Nesbits Diner Mrs. Nesbits Diner Forum

#13 04-11-2008 08:26:13

gold'nchocolate

This was my Silver Spangled Hamburg. I have to agree with the others that said they are a flighty bird---I could never catch him, he was nervous and as fast as lightening but he was a beauty!!! He was the extra "rare and exotic chick" that Murray MacMurray adds to their orders.

Cathy~~16 hens~~4 golden retrievers~~2  labs**chocolate and black
now I also have~~2 silkie roos~~8 EE chicks~~4 RIR chicks

#14 12-17-2008 06:43:44

robin416
Double Platinum

These are some of my young SS Hamburg Bantams. Flighty in their pen? Yes. But they have turned out to be great yard birds and lose much of their fear when not confined.

Search out and buy Made in America

#15 12-17-2008 09:19:01

chicken_fever
Platinum Member

love wow Robin, they are beauties, the look like an artist painted them.

If two wrongs don't make a right.... try three

#16 07-21-2009 04:41:20

kwaterworth
Silver Member

Anybody got any chick photos?  I just got five of the straight run day old SSH and was trying to get a jump on sexing them.  I can't see anything really different, but maybe it's something I'm not looking at.

#17 12-11-2009 07:15:10

Chicken's Buddy
Silver Member

AKA Steve wrote:

Blondie wrote:

Eggcetra - with all due respect, your Phoenix looks like my Cleopatra, who I always thought is an Egyptian Fayoumi.  So what do I have, then?????

Egyptian Fayoumi Not recongnised by APA
white skin,
dark shanks
single comb
eggs:
off-white
to light tint

Hamburgs
white skin, slate blue shanks
Rose comb
Eggs:
low-gloss
white

Both birds pictured are silver penciled, the body type between the two breeds is a bit different and the Fayoumi's appears to have a more slender neck, in addition to the type of comb being different.

I'm no expert on these two breeds and their differences, and I cant tell for sure what kinda comb Cleopatra has, it doesn't look like a very big single comb, if thats what it is.
The body style does seem to fit the Fayoumi.

Jess's clearly seems to be a hamburg.

At the risk of posting too much:
Since the rose comb is dominant, it is possible for two hamburgs to produce a recessive, single combed offspring. The Fayoumi, having a recessive single comb,  could not produce a rose comb.
So the question is, what kinda comb does Cleopatra have.

To me, it looks like Cleopatra has a pea comb, like an EE's, but i cant be sure.

Jennie
                                                                                ~We'll comite the perfect crime~I'll steal your heart you steal mine~

#18 12-31-2009 07:15:06

Chicken's Buddy
Silver Member

Okay, yet another breed to add to the "I must have, and can't tell dad about" list. Hope he never gets on here to find all these posts about getting chickies. rotflol

Jennie
                                                                                ~We'll comite the perfect crime~I'll steal your heart you steal mine~

#19 03-04-2010 10:02:50

andipants

can Hamburgs be brown with white spots, fat and pretty

#20 09-01-2010 06:53:37

Speks

yayI am going to put up a few pics of my aussie spangle hamburgs:ee,  I have read most you have said that they are a flighty breed and I know in the standards they say can be flighty but seriously mine will actually eat out my hand, my 2 RR will eat their food in amongst them and when I stop to open the gate to come into the driveway they ALL come a running for me, gotta watch where u drive as they run madly around the car like puppies and will follow u all day outside like a dog, and LOL, if you dare rattle a plastic bag you WILL be mowed down by the hoard.

Well I hope this works posting of the pics as I have them only in my fb album but you are all welcome to look around at my albums once you are there.
Here goes
Phantom, he is my home bred boy I incubated and raised myself

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 … 542cdfe577

I will be putting more pics of the girls in there later so pls go back and look

Something I am curious with if you don't mind my asking...in the standard it states for hamburgs to have RED eyes, I know here in Oz we have a bit of a prob with brown...or as I call them red/brown eyes rather then a clear red.  What coloured...sorry that should be COLORED eyes do ur hamburgs have?

I also have dark barred plymouth rocks, 1 lonely modern game bantam girl and a belgian dUCCLE roo his name is charlie and he is a little bird with BIG personality.
Speks

By the way...they are both Sivler and Golden Spangled Hamburgs.greeting

silver & gold spangled hamburgs, 2 plymouth girls and a big personality little belgian dUCCLE living Down Under joy

Board footer

Return to Crossing Show Recent

Return to Nesbits Diner Show Recent